Join Napiers the Herbalists for an enchanting event – the Festival Foraging Tour! Immerse yourself in the bountiful edible landscape during this delightful 3-hour excursion.
Discover the treasures of the Hermitage of Braid and Blackford Hill Local Nature Reserve, a place close to Duncan Napier’s heart and his cherished herb-gathering spot in the charming city of Edinburgh.
Led by expert Napiers forager Amy Rankine, this tour is an informative must-do for locals and visitors alike. Running for a limited time only the tour takes place each Sunday in August during the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Throughout the tour participants will explore nature, learn how to spot edible fungi and plants, and be shown the medicinal herb garden. Ticket holders will also receive a free Napiers gift worth £24. This unique activity offers a return to nature amidst the buzz of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Book here: https://napiers.net/products/festival-foraging-tour
- Tickets: £30 per person
- Pass by the places Duncan Napier (founder of Napiers the Herbalists) visited during his days of collecting herbs and learn about our heritage
- Learn how to spot fungi such as oysters and jelly ears
- Comfortable footwear is recommended
- This path is unsuitable for wheelchairs or mobility scooters due to uneven ground
- Activity suitable for children aged 10+
- Limited availability: 15 people per tour
Napiers the Herbalists was founded in 1860 by Duncan Napier – an eminent Victorian botanist and the most famous herbalist in Scotland.
His legacy lives on to this day with original herbal remedies, natural therapeutic skincare, botanical beauty and herbal food supplements and teas that are second to none. Located at 18 Bristo Place, Edinburgh our beautiful shop welcomes visitors from across the globe, sharing our knowledge and tradition. At Napiers Herbal Medicine Clinics, our team uses a variety of natural therapies to help our clients achieve optimal health.