- The retailer’s shopping list and meal plan shows how it’s possible to feed a family of four a week of breakfasts, lunches and dinners for £40
- The shopping list can be used to make tasty dishes like chicken enchiladas, peri peri drumsticks and a chorizo and butterbean stew
- The list and meal plan is available to download from Lidl’s website
Lidl is helping Edinburgh residents shop smarter and save money with a special shopping list that helps families eat breakfast, lunch and dinner for an entire week for just £40.
With more Scots embracing the weekly ‘big shop’, the retailer has developed the ‘Great Taste, No Waste’ list in response to the nation’s changing shopping habits.
The downloadable shopping list and meal plan includes all the ingredients needed to make seven days of breakfasts, lunches and dinners for a family of four.
Some of the dishes cost as little as £0.73 per person and include tasty options like:
- Chicken enchiladas – an easy-peasy take on a Mexican classic
- Burger and French fries – an everyday family favourite
- Chorizo and butterbean stew – a one-pot crowd pleaser
- Peri Peri chicken drumsticks – a healthy ‘fakeaway’
- Spaghetti cacio e pepe – a delicious yet simple pasta dinner
Developed with Love Food Hate Waste Scotland, the list helps Scots buy the right amount of food; ensuring nothing goes to waste and shoppers get maximum value from their shopping.
The Great Taste, No Waste weekly shopping lists and meal plans are available to download now from: www.lidl.co.uk/greattastenowaste